The farm/agricultural environment can pose unique challenges to public safety personnel. The equipment used in agriculture today ranges from the newest modern equipment to equipment that can be 60-70 years old. Regardless of vintage, this equipment poses hazards to both farm workers and public safety responders.
RescueTechs farm/ag instructors have strong backgrounds in both small and large agricultural operations or related industries. Our instructors understand what emergencies can occur and how to respond to these emergencies safely.
Current programs available include:
- Farm Safety and Emergency Awareness – 6 hours*
- Farm Tractor and Machinery Extrication – 16 hours*
- Grain Bin Rescue Awareness – 8 hours
- Grain Bin Rescue Operations/Technician – 16 hours
- Machinery Extrication – 8 hours
- Farm Silo Fire and Emergency Awareness – 4 hours
- Farm Silo Operations (includes awareness and basic firefighting operations) – 8 hours
- Farm Confined Spaces – 6-8 hours covering all farm confined spaces
- Farm / Ag-specific Emergency Medical Services Con-Ed Programs
- COMING IN 2024 – Farm Hazardous Materials Response
*These courses can be combined into a 20-hour program.
For more information on any of these courses, send us a COURSE INTEREST INQUIRY.